Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ALS Still Sucks and Other Random Thoughts...

My last post was about Gary, and how he was my hero for battling ALS.  Well, the battle ended earlier this year, which sucks for those of us left behind missing him, but I know it's better for him to be free now.  Not trapped in a body that refuses to work.  We love you and miss you, Gary.  And we won't stop serving in your honor in any way we can to continue to help those that continue to deal with ALS until there's a cure.  So suck it, ALS, we're not going anywhere.

I cannot believe it's already June.  I cannot believe we've lost two people we love so dearly already this year.  Neither was unexpected, but neither was easy either.  God not only took Gary home, but also Jon's Grandma, Joan.  I'm not sure our family will ever quite be the same...

My family is also dealing with Alzheimer's now - and finding out what a wicked and heartbreaking disease that is.  I wish the brilliant minds out there would quit spending time developing useless crap like Google glasses and would focus on cures for diseases instead...

Cole will be starting 7th grade in August, and Makayla will be a Junior!  Boy, am I starting to feel old!  Makayla is driving with her permit now and working part time.  Cole is still in to football and video games.  I've got some pretty terrific kids!

Jon and I have also taken up running - slowly but surely I'm building up my endurance, and my goal is to run a half marathon in October.  If that doesn't work out, we'll for sure be doing the PF Chang's Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon in January.  I've started another blog devoted just to my running adventures and random thoughts if you want to check it out: http://courtsadventuresinrunning.blogspot.com/

I think I've done enough rambling for now!

~ Courtney


No comments: