Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Really Suck At This!

No excuses, no lies.  I just suck at blogging.  I really do have the best of intentions to keep this thing up to date, but I obviously don't do it.  Oh well.  Better late than never!

What's happened in the last five months???  Well, Cole turned 12 and started 7th grade.  So, I have a kid in Jr. High and High School!  Ugh!  Makayla started her Junior year of high school.  And turned 16... and got her driver's license.  I haven't decided yet if that's a good thing or bad thing - good when I don't have to drive her to work or I need something from the store and send her instead!  Bad when it's late and I worry about her driving home, and every time I hear sirens nearby and worry she's been in an accident, etc, etc, etc...

We moved!  Yep - that was unexpected!  I'm blaming my parents.  See, they moved (finally) back down here from Prescott.  And while I was doing the final walkthrough with my Mom, one thing lead to another and the next thing I know, the realtor is showing me houses!!  So, we bought a smaller house on an acre of land!  Jon is so excited to not have an HOA and to be able to build his shop someday soon!

I am in full training mode for a half marathon in January.  And funny enough - I started another blog about running, which I am much better about keeping up with!  This weekend I conquered six miles, so I'm excited to be approaching the halfway mark!  Next week Jon and I are running a 10k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning!  That will be my first "race" and I'm pretty excited!

I also cannot believe that it's almost Thanksgiving.  And almost December!  Seriously, where did this year go?  It's been a rough and interesting year for sure, but man, did it fly by!  Here's looking forward to 2014 and hoping it's a much happier year with much less loss and heartache.

~ Courtney

No comments: